I had a great time hanging out with my husband, my son, my daughters, their husbands, and my grandchildren yesterday and last night. We swam in the pool and grilled out ribs. It is so good when we all get together every week or every other week. My girls and their family live in the same county as my husband, Matthew, and I live. My oldest daughter, Jessica and her family, live in Havana. They have a Havana address and a Quincy telephone number. They live out in the country, where their cell phones don’t get any service. My youngest daughter, Mallory and her family, live in Quincy – down the road from her father-in-law and brother-in-law. They live in a house that has been in her husband’s family for quite awhile.
I am beginning the last week of what I will call my summer:Day 1- I will babysit Riley, my grandbaby, which is Mallory and Paul’s 2-year old daughter. Day 2-5 Getting my house and classroom in order.
My son goes back to school on Friday.
I go back to work on Monday, August12th…So here are my Good-bye’s to summer:
1. Good-bye to sleeping in.
2. Good-bye to staying up late and watching movies.
3. Good-bye to “not having a schedule” and lazy-days
4. Good-bye to late breakfasts, which usually turned into an early lunch.
5. Good-bye to coffee drinking on the back porch right when I wake up.
6. Good-bye to “no more bedtimes” and hello to early rising and in bed by 9pm.
7. Good-bye to Facebook and Google times.